Thursday, December 26, 2013

Travel 2013: Singapore Part I

This is the highlight of my calendar year 2013! This is the second and longest time I've visited the lion city. The first time I set foot on this city state was on November 2009 (see blog entry). Four years after that, a lot has been changed or added like the Marina Bay Sands, Gardens by the Bay, Universal Studios, etc. I will share to you here in my blog portions of our great experience in Singapore.

Official Names:
     Republic of Singapore
     Republik Singapura        - Malay

   新加坡共和国 - Chinese
     சிங்கப்பூர் குடியரசு - Tamil

Onward, Singapore

Official Languages: 
English, Malay, Mandarin & Tamil


Day 1: We left Manila at around 6:30 in the morning and landed in Singapore Changi Airport T2 at around 10:00AM. My girlfriend's cousin and her partner picked us up from the airport and drive us to our Hotel. We just dropped our things in our room and go straight ahead on our itineraries for the day. 

We had our breakfast in one of the Food Centers in Bedok area. Our host asked if we like to go to McDonalds for breakfast and we both immediately said "No!" We've always wanted to try the local food. He ordered us a small portion of almost everything in the Food Center. All the food he ordered were great and our favorites were Nasi Lemak and Sugar Cane Juice. On the next 5 days, we've always stopped by on this Food Center and ordered Nasi Lemak and Sugar Cane Juice.

Our next stop for the day was The Gardens by the Bay. We purchased a ticket for one of the conservatories (Cloud Forrest) and another ticket to climb the super tree and walk along the suspended bridge.
Tip of Marina Bay Sands Roof Deck.

Cloud Forest

Panoramic View of the Cloud Forest

Super Tree view from the Conservatory

First time to see a carnivorous plant

Since we had less than 2 hours of sleep to catch our early morning flight that day, we fell asleep on one of the park benches. Just a power nap. After the Gardens, we went to the Orchard Road, the popular place for shopping. We bought a few souvenir items and went back to our hotel to rest.

Day 2 to be continued...

No comments: